Why Use Polyurethane
Thermoplastic Polyurethane Elastomers (TPU)
Polyurethanes are high-performance materials with exceptional properties, making them useful in an increasingly wide range of applications.
A tough, resilient material, polyurethane can outperform steel and rubber for abrasion resistance and can be injection moulded, to any shape. Polyurethanes have exceptional damping abilities to control shock and lessen noise and vibration in the most arduous conditions.
Eurothane's comprehensive range of TPU elastomers all share these important properties.
- Outstanding high wear abrasion resistance
- Good low temperature flexibility and impact resistance
- Good hydrolytic stability
- Low compression set
- High compressive strength
- Low gas and vapour permeability, relatively high moisture vapour transmission rates
- High resistance to oils, greases, oxygen and ozone.
- Ability to be painted without the use of primers
- Low extractable levels
Thermoplastic polyurethane elastomers are supplied as granules or pellets for processing by injection moulding or extrusion. TPU’s are generally classified by their hardness. Eurothane is able to manufacture most TPU’s on the market.
We invite you to put our expertise in this area of polyurethane to work for you. Our manufacturing capabilities and services include assisting in the customising of formulations and utilisation of processing innovations that are unique to the industry.